You can find attached the description of the position for the International Cooperation Office - External Relations Department, addressed to students fluent in Portuguese (at least B1) and in English.
Please, take into account that candidates must submit the CVs and letters of motivation to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 1st July 2016 (first semester) and 1st December 2016 (second semester).
Should you need further information or have any doubt, you can contact the department responsible of the proposal at email@example.com.
1st July 2016 (first semester)
1st December 2016 (second semester)
Candidates must submit the CVs and letters of motivation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of institution
Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa
School of Arts and Humanities – ULisboa
Alameda da Universidade
85.4. Higher Education
Over 250 employees
Prof. Paulo Farmhouse Alberto, Dean of the Faculty
Responsible person in the area of Traineeship
Denise Matos Moura - Head of External Relations Office
Luísa Santos - International Students Officer
International Cooperation Office
External Relations Department
5 to 6 months
To be agreed
6 hours per day, 5 days a week
Short description of the Faculty
School of Arts and Humanities, founded in 1911, is located in Lisbon, Portugal. It currently has about 237 teachers and 3854 students in 3 cycles of education. Every year it receives about 700 foreign students under the mobility programs and sends about 120 students to study/do an internship at one of Partner Universities/Companies in Europe, America and Asia.
For further information, please visit: http://www.letras.ulisboa.pt/pt/
Short description of the
External Relations Department
The External Relations Department and International Cooperation Offices’ purpose is to maintain and enhance a high-quality central support service for the faculty’s international students during their time at the University.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The team is responsible for undertaking international student policy work, providing orientation events for new international students, managing the faculty’s student exchange schemes with European higher education institutions, ensuring compliance with Portuguese immigration legislation and fulfilling the terms of our sponsor license, and helping students with visa and immigration advice.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required
Education & qualifications
- Must be a current student enrolled on a Bachelor or Masters level degree in the fields of Languages, International Relations, European Studies or similar
- Must have good knowledge of the Portuguese Language (spoken and written) i.e. language level B1 or higher
Specialist knowledge & skills
- Good knowledge of the English Language (spoken and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, e.g.: Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word and Power Point
- A working knowledge of EU-funded mobility programs would be useful
Interpersonal & communication skills
- Must be diplomatic in problematic situations
- Must show intercultural awareness
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels
- Ability to research information and produce concise reports on findings
- Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy, and follow set procedures
- Ability to organize and deliver multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a small team
- Willingness to be adaptable to changing demands and deadlines
Duties of position
Working primarily with the International Students Officer, you will undertake the following main responsibilities
- Answering routine enquiries from students, academics and senior management by email and in person
- Administrative support for members of the team
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post
- Photocopying and scanning of documents
- Ensuring filing systems are up to date
- Ensuring all required paperwork for outgoing and incoming students is complete
- Maintaining accurate records for incoming and outgoing exchange students
- Assisting with the organization of orientation sessions for students participating in an exchange (incoming and outgoing)
- Assisting with the arrangements for any visits from partner universities
- Undertaking research into the service provided by comparable institutions to their international students
- Undertaking research into the information provided to international students pre- and post-arrival and the method used
- Supporting the conduction of any student surveys